Recently Microsoft release a patch that is causing problems for Outlook 2010 users that have their computer set to automatically download updates. While the patch has been pulled back by Microsoft, it has already been installed on many computers.
If you are one of the unfortunate ones that had the patch installed, you can remove it by following the below instructions.
- Close all programs, including Outlook
- Go to the Start menu in the lower left hand corner and click on Control Panel
- Select Windows Update (towards the bottom)
- Click on Installed Updates in the lower left-hand corner
- Go to Search Installed Updates in the upper right hand corner in, type in KB3114409 and hit Enter
- Select the update and hit Uninstall
- Once the update has been uninstalled, re-open Outlook and review to ensure it appears normal.
***If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to call the KLH Help Desk 952-258-8202
KLH – Minneapolis IT Managed Services Provider
Scott Johnson COO, KLH