KLH is a fast paced IT management and services organization that works with small and mid-size organizations to help them optimize their computer environment and best utilize their technical resources. As a rapidly growing firm, we’ve averaged 50% growth over the last several years and are looking for the right people to help continue this trend. We credit our growth in part due to our philosophy of, “There is always a better way.” Simply put, we provide our clients the best IT support experience possible through top-notch service and with the right solution offered the first time.
To ensure our growing list of clients continues to receive the high level of support they’ve come to expect, we’re looking for a seasoned IT professional to fulfill a newly created position and support our guiding philosophy with full responsibility for supporting and maintaining several computer networks simultaneously to ensure continuous uptime. Issue identification and resolution in a timely, efficient manner is also expected. In addition, this person will be deeply involved in planning and implementing client projects and new technologies. We’re looking for a driven, innovative person who seeks out challenges and opportunities in addition to possessing solid technical skills.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and on working independently, but know when to reach out to team members, KLH may be a great opportunity for you.
Office locations in Minnetonka and Oakdale, Minnesota.
Compensation: Salary is determined by experience level; plus additional pay for overtime which can amount to additional 50% of salary.
- Deliver onsite and remote support to multiple clients simultaneously
- Participate in the design and implementation of new networks, including Windows servers, workstations, remote backup and virtualization
- Manage time and tasks appropriately
- Participate in the definition and design of IT processes and procedures, aligned with industry best practices
- Deploy and support desktop solutions as needed
- Deploy and support networking and security solutions as needed (e.g. switches and firewalls).
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Research issues and possible problems with potential upgrades to existing infrastructure
- Develops testing and implementation plans
- Works with other engineers to plan installations and upgrades and ensure subsequent maintenance in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitor systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Investigate and develop solutions for recurring problems in assigned systems
- Consulting experience with small to medium sized businesses.
- Three plus years of technical infrastructure support experience
- Routers, switches, and firewall experience
- Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Exchange Server 2003/2010, Active Directory
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with users and vendors
- Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
- Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detail-oriented, dependable and flexible
- High IQ
Please email your resume, as a Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
“An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer”